Graphic Novel Mash-Up Review #4

It's been a while since I've done one of these, and since I've been reading a lot of this genre lately I decided it was time for another graphic novel mash-up review, and I really enjoyed all of these!

Cover Art Courtesy of Goodreads
Mooncakes by Suzanne Walker and Wendy Xu: It took me FOREVER to finally get my hands on a copy of this read. I don't think they printed a ton of copies initially, and it kept selling out everywhere. Finally I got a copy and it was everything I hoped. It's a queer witchy story following a witch named Nova, and her werewolf friend Tam, as they fight to destroy a demon and fall in love in the process. I loved the art. I loved the characters. I loved the story. It was perfect. I really hope to see more from this duo.
5 out of 5 Stars




Cover Art Courtesy of Goodreads
Check, Please! Book #1: Hockey by Ngozi Ukazu: This one was originally written as a web comic, and if you couldn't tell, this book is about hockey. It's also about baking! And about social media. Bitty runs a vlog channel about baking and playing on his college hockey team. He may also be falling for his coach. There is a ton about hockey here, which I didn't really understand, but it didn't make it too hard to follow the overall story. It was a little slow, but overall pretty enjoyable and I look forward to the next volume. There is a lot of swearing in this one, so definitely not for kids.
4 out of 5 Stars



Cover Art Courtesy of Goodreads
I Hate Fairyland Volume 1 by Skottie Young: In this story, little Gert is whisked off to Fairyland, and she must complete a quest in order to return home. Problem is, it's been thirty years and she still hasn't completed her quest, and she's getting REALLY sick of being stuck there. This book was hilariously gruesome. Gert is incredibly violent and malicious as she desperately tries to complete her quest and get the heck out of Fairyland. It was so colorful and vivid, but don't let that fool you...this is definitely not a comic for kids either.
4 out of 5 Stars

10 comments

  1. The all look so good. I've only ever read one graphic novel although I have been approached this week to read another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reviews and amazing list of books I absolutely love the graphic novel Mooncakes it was one of my favorite graphic novels in 2019. I'm really glad you fully enjoyed reading each graphic novels on your list. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read a graphic novel, but I think I may enjoy it if I found the right one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read a graphic novel but I am glad you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mooncakes cover is very eye-catching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you were able to get your hands on Mooncakes. I love being that excited about certain books ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mooncakes sounds and looks adorable! I so want it.


    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mash-up review. One day I hope to write more concise reviews. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're going to write a fantasy novel. You've come up with some characters, you've come up with some spells, you've even outlined your basic plot. Now what?นิยาย

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting post. I Have Been wondering about this issue, so thanks for posting. Pretty cool post.It 's really very nice and Useful post.Thanks the s-classes that i raised

    ReplyDelete