The Rebel King by Kennedy Ryan

"The past is behind us. The future is ours. Figure out how you can change the world right now, and don't fear it. Do it."

―Kennedy Ryan, The Rebel King



Cover Art Courtesy of Goodreads
Yep, I did it. I jumped right into the second book of the All the King's Men duology. After really enjoying The Kingmaker by Kennedy Ryan, I knew I had to find out what happened next (uh, major cliffhanger!), so I picked up The Rebel King almost immediately. 

Without giving away too much, Lennix is facing something harrowing and dangerous at the end of the first book, and this book picks up in the middle of that event. The plot of this one was DEFINITELY more intense than the first book, if that was even possible. It was heartwrenchingly emotional at times and heart-poundingly thrilling at others. I could not put this one down and ate it up as fast as possible.

I loved seeing Lennix and Maxim become even more unapologetically themselves in the face of all the adversity the plot threw at them. I also loved seeing the growth and development of the minor characters as well. Once again, this book was very well-researched and Kennedy Ryan did an amazing job with her references to Native American culture. I really enjoyed the first book in this duology, but I actually loved this one even more.

This book as a whole was wonderful and I am so sad that this was only a duology. I need to see Maxim and Lennix changing the world! Even though I read both of these books via Kindle Unlimited, I'm actually considering picking up physical copies to have, just because I loved the duology so much.

Overall Rating: 5 out of 5 Stars

9 comments

  1. Great review, the book sounds fab to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever read this author - your review has me wanting to pick up both books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed this one. I've been wanting physical copies of this series as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds good. I might have to check this duology out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to read the first in this series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review, I am really glad you fully enjoyed reading this book and it really looks and sounds absolutely amazing and right up my alley as well. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven’t heard of this. But isn’t it nice that when we read a digital book it is so good that we want the hard copy on our bookshelves?

    ReplyDelete
  8. have not heard of these books.. so thanks for the reco..

    ReplyDelete